Thursday, October 11, 2012

#VP Debate Who won?

I watched the debate tonight. I couldn't help feeling like a patronizing older man was lecturing a defensive congressman. I think that both candidates made good points. Most of the questions were stacked against Ryan and in Biden's wheel house. Ryan held his own as an underdog. I guess that alone would give him the nod, however what really persuaded me was the question about the soldier left on the front lines in Afghanistan. This is a question that I feel very strongly about. I think that Paul Ryan had the better answer, and for that reason he wins the debate.

What Paul Ryan did not say is what his plan would be to with drawl troops. I wish he had said that we should determine with drawl as close to the action as possible. I wish he had said that soldiers had to with drawl, but only if they felt they were not placing their comrades into harms way. Paul Ryan felt that we should let the commanders on the ground make the call, and I agree with that, but I also would make sure that the lines between these commanders and their command was clear. At the risk of being accused of being a micro managing commander in chief I would test and see if my directives were making it through to the rank and file.

I really want to believe the bipartisan rhetoric of the Romney Ryan ticket. Tonight I found Ryan more believable than Romney, so he won the debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment